The Christchurch manager of The Pumphouse Demolition Yard has an affinity with heritage buildings and he knows first hand of the despair at loosing a much loved home. Since 1988 Paddy Snowdon and his wife, Jacky had owned a historic Georgian - Regency style home in the Christchurch suburb of Linwood which was built in 1857 and was thought to be oldest brick home in Christchurch. The original building was designed by Charles Fooks for the then owners Guise & Joseph Brittan and was the original homestead of Linwood Farm. The home was designated a Registered Heritage Building in 1982.
The building was damaged as a consequence of the September 2010 earthquake in Christchurch but survived. Sadly it was dealt a fatal blow by the 23 February, 2011 6.3 magnitude earthquake and was required to be demolished.