Repton Park is located in Woodford Bridge in the Borough of Redbridge, London. It is a gated estate of high-end redbrick apartments and fastidiously manicured driveways.
A converted church in the estate now houses a twenty five metre pool built underneath the main nave of the former church together with a health centre and is the home of the "Virgin Active" Health Club.
The origins of the Victorian gothic-style church are rather less salubrious. It was once part the Claybury Hospital for psychiatric patients which opened in 1893 as the fifth London County Council Asylum and it became a health club about twenty years ago. The buildings were designated Grade II listed buildings in 1990. Within the converted church complex, the old confessional box is now a sauna, the altar is a shower and there is a steam room and a jacuzzi within the deconsecrated walls.
A neighbouring barrel-vaulted former recreational hall is now a gym. In its original form Repton Park was surrounded by fifty acres of woodland and ninety five acres of open parkland, ponds, pasture and historic gardens all of which was designed in 1789 by the landscape architect Humphry Repton.